Agile Uprising is a purpose-built network that focuses on the advancement of the agile mindset and global professional networking between and among practicing agilists.
We will leverage both traditional and emerging communication and collaboration channels to explore various topics of interest.
Our network will evolve over time, and our community will be free to join.
This is a group founded by passionate practitioners for passionate practitioners, and not a revenue generating organization.
We will remain agnostic of certifying bodies, removing external influences such as sponsors, partners and other organizations allowing us to focus purely on the advancement of the agile craft.
Agile Uprising is an open community available to anyone on the globe. Our roots were formed in various conferences and companies in the Philadelphia area, but we are now a global organization with no centralized location.
There is an expectation that all members will leverage the following values when engaging with and identifying with Agile Uprising:
Agile Uprising will have a zero tolerance for discrimination of any sort.
Our community is for our members. We will maintain an entirely free-to-use web platform for our members to join, contribute to and learn from. We will encourage our members to promote and grow our global coalition as large and as far as possible. When possible, we will offer specials, discounts, or an opportunity to contribute to our curated content platforms directly to our members.
While we will have moderation of our coalition, we expect our members to self monitor and maintain the highest professional degree of social accountability of others on the digital platform. We will maintain a zero tolerance policy for discrimination or harassment. We anticipate most issues will be addressed with warnings and clarification of differing points.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is intended to represent the best interests of the Agile Uprising community, and therefore will speak on behalf of and act as a proxy for the community at times, but there will always be a direct line of communication with the members to the Board.
“Community notes” from regular board meetings will be available to the members.
Board Member Powers
The organization will be run with servant leadership. Members of the Board of Directors will have no individual power greater than any other member with the exception of having power to reject changes to the Agile Uprising Constitution.
Board Member Number
We look to limit the board to no more than 15 members at maximum – to minimize communication channels but also allow for as diverse a background as possible.
Board Member Terms
All members serve at the discretion of the board and community. If any member loses the trust of the board or the community, they can be prematurely removed. The standard term for a board member will be 2 years, with no set term limit.
Vacancies and Newly Created Board Members
Should any board member leave prior to end of term, that seat will remain open until a new, interim, member is voted in by the remaining board. New members appointed by the board must pass a two thirds vote during a board meeting with at least 6 members present.
The Board operates on the trust of the community. At any time if any member of the Board loses the trust of the community or another member of the Board, they will be put up for a vote of confidence. Less than a 2/3 confidence vote by the Board means removal.
Only compensation to the board is reimbursement of monies spent supporting Agile Uprising, the Coalition and events officially sanctioned by the Agile Uprising board.
Beer Clause: We will serve beer at all in-person board meetings. Good beer. If there is a question about whether beer is “good” or not, Andy Cleff will decide. In the event Andy Cleff is unavailable any other Andy on the board is his proxy. After all Andy’s have been exhausted, we move to the next alphabetical board member. For distributed meetings, each attendee will have the option to BYOB. Judging of quality will be waived for distributed meetings. Drink at your own risk.
In the event of a special meeting being required, the board will be given no less than 24 hours notice of the need, the agenda and time.
The Agile Uprising Constitution may be changed at any time by any member. However, all updates to the Constitution must conform to the Change Criteria and Change Process, as outlined below.
- Each proposed change is the simplest possible thing that can work.
- Each proposed change is neutral towards methodology, certifying bodies, and organizations.
- The text is written in easy-to-understand (English) language and terminology.
- The proposed change is, where possible, accompanied with a suggestion for testing the solution.
- The proposed change is not in conflict with any other text in the Constitution. If there is a conflict then the proposal must be accompanied with related changes to resolve those conflicts.
- Any member of Agile Uprising can offer a proposed change to the Constitution. The proposed change is valid only when all members of the network have been notified of the proposal via a post in the Community Notes section of the chat board .
- A proposed change is made available for a period of 7 days, in which it is open for evaluation, comment and discussion among all members of the Agile Uprising. After this period it becomes a definite change.
- Each definite change is posted for a minimum of three days in the Community Notes section in which members of the Board of Director are allowed to reject the change.
- A definite change is implemented when no Board of Director members reject the change.
An updated Constitution is announced to all members of the Agile Uprising network via the Community Notes section.