Agile 2023 was held recently in two locations for the first time ever. The main event was located in Orlando, Florida while a smaller but just as valuable hub was in Edinburgh, Scotland. Board member Chris Murman got together attendees from both locations to discuss their experiences. Sarah Baca spoke and attended in Orlando, while Claudia Orozco-Gomez attended her very first agile conference ever in Edinburgh.
The trio discussed how the logistics worked between the two locations, how the event felt, and what stood out most from the week:
- Many don’t understand what it takes to put on the event, and what it means to the Agile Alliance every year.
- Murman shared some of the logistics of the event having spent a year planning it. The family feel of both locations created a great environment for connection.
- Finding the right session is sometimes more difficult than it seems.
- Managing your energy over the week can also be a challenge for the introvert in us.
- Finally, there’s so much more that people still don’t realize happens at the main location every year.
Regardless of the social media discussion around location, the Agile Alliance does everything it can to create a welcoming space for like-minded people to further their agile journies together. Hopefully you can catch up on some of the content.
Videos for each of the keynotes are already available online.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please give us a review, a rating, or leave comments on iTunes, Stitcher or your podcasting platform of choice. It really helps others find us.
- Much thanks to the artist Krebs from Machine Man Records who provided us our outro music free-of-charge! If you like what you heard, check out these links to find more music you might enjoy!
- If you’d like to join the discussion and share your stories, please jump into the fray at our Discord Server!
- We at the Agile Uprising are committed to being totally free. However, if you’d like to contribute and help us defray hosting and production costs we do have a Patreon. Who knows, you might even get some surprises in the mail!